Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Home and Garden Show of 2007

So I know that I haven't written in a long time. Oh well. But as of late, I've been thinking about the traits that I've inherited from my mother. Top of the list: I KILL PLANTS! Mom does it and apparently, so do I. Let me explain: Awhile ago, my sister Leilani gave me some pots with seeds and dirt pellets. She said that they were the easiest plants to grow. All you had to do is add water to the dirt pellet, add the seeds and just keep watering it.

A few months ago, when it was warmer, I tried this little invention. I not only failed miserable but I didn't even want to try the other seeds. Here is the evidence:


With the coaxing of my dear husband, I tried again. This time, the seeds actually sprouted! It was awesome. But then within a week, they decided that they didn't like me and subsequently died!



As you can see, I'm very distraught.

1 comment:

McDonald's Funny Farm said...

Katey, Katey, Katey.... I thought you were going to say that you inherited so many wonderful traits like patience, kindness, compassion, a love for the scriptures and doing good, etc. But, alas, you have inherited my brown thumb, or as it is known, the kiss of death for green, living things.

It might brighten your day to know that with my new and improved irrigation system in the yard that my plants are actually alive! Living! Growing! As soon as I get this house back together fromt he remodel I am even going to plant a garden. Watch out plant kindgom, here they come!!!!