Sunday, April 10, 2011

Hard things...

"The things most worth doing in life are hard."

For the over past year, I've decided that I can do hard things.

Most were goals that I set.
Like running a Half-Marathon or becoming a Fitness Instructor.

A few were chalked up to Life Experience.
Like moving to a different state and starting over.

Some were just sad.
Like when we lost a baby earlier this year.

And yet others came as a result of very Real prompting.
Like today, when I interpreted part of Church to some of our Deaf.

Still, I've learned a lot.
First,
I should never put limits to my abilities.
If I have a desire that is in line with my Life Priorities, then I can do it.

Second,
Accomplishment comes as a result of work.

And Third,
God will support His children.
If I'm living right, Heavenly Father will bless me.
It may come in the form of comfort, ability, or even energy.
But God supports His children.

And here's one of best "Hard" things I've ever done.

9 comments:

Luis Merino said...

Ahhhh!!!! She's SOO adorable!!!!!!!

You're right though, Katey. Most of the things worth doing in this life are hard, and there's nothing easy about our sojourn through mortality.

Much love. :)

Natalia said...

Very well said.

Julie said...

"I can do hard things" has been my mantra lately too. I didn't know about some of the hard things you've faced this year. Thanks for sharing your wisdom on this and especially your positive attitude.

Kirsti said...

You are awesome Katey, that's all I can say. I love you and miss you! Wanna get together again soon?!

Aimee said...

Katie, I'm so impressed with you. I would love to run a half marathon and become a fitness instructor... We'll see how training goes, and if I get the courage up to try to be an instructor. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your baby. That's such a difficult thing. I hope you are doing ok. You are such an optimistic and upbeat person, keep up the good outlook!

TC, Ashley said...

This was a really great post. I appreciated reading it. I hope you all are doing well. We miss seeing you guys!

Katie said...

Nate and I enjoyed the video of Kylee. I'm amazed by all you've done by doing hard things! We love you!

Nicole said...

Well said. I didn't know you lost a baby this year. We went through our second miscarriage as well some months ago. Hard hard hard. And I love that you can interpret for the Deaf. I feel like I have lost so much of my ASL. It bums me out. You're amazing, Katie. What a great example you are.

Sean said...

this is a beautiful, inspired, and well put together post!

Katey, I love you and miss you dearly! Please tell your family "Hi" :)

I should come visit you sometime!